Start of Year Information
Please see the Start of Year Family Information.Start of Year Information
Stay informed with our comprehensive guide to lesson times. This section provides you with all the essential information to plan and navigate through the academic year effectively2024 Timetable
What is Daymap & Parent Portal?
Daymap is the school’s web-based Learner Management System. The system enables staff, students and parents to access to a range of functions including timetables, attendance and absence details, lesson information, messaging, homework and assignment details.
The module that parents access – Parent Portal – is a secure system and access requires a unique username (that is not your email) and password.
We encourage all parents/caregivers/homestays to access Parent Portal on a weekly basis to monitor their child’s progress and specifically:
- Attendance information
- Due dates of assessment tasks
- Confirmation of submission of work
- Feedback for assessment tasks
- Assessment results
- Communication from the school.
How to Access Parent Portal
Parent Portal allows you to see your student’s timetable, lesson attendance, assignments, results, reports and communication from teachers and the school. It is a very effective tool which will enable you to track your student’s and we encourage you to check Parent Portal on a weekly basis.
A unique username (not your email address) and password is required to access Parent Portal.
How to reset your password:
- New families please select the option ‘can’t access your account’ or current families please select the option ‘forgot your password’.
- Enter the email that we have on record for you.
- Enter your students ID number. (This is on their ID card they have been issued and the invoice that you have been issued with.)
- Click on the reset password button.
- You will then be sent an email with a link to reset your password. This email will also show your unique username.
If after following the steps above and you are unable to logon please email email@example.com with your name and your students name.
To update your email address or phone number please contact Student Services – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Spacetalk Schools App
Spacetalk Schools App is a messaging and news app, available on Apple and Android.
NIHS families will receive general communications from the school through the Spacetalk Schools newsfeed. The app is secure, and is only accessible by parents/caregivers/homestays who have provided the school with a current mobile phone number.
Spacetalk Schools provides a Facebook style newsfeed to simplify the information you receive customisable to suit the needs of the user. There are over 90 languages which can be selected to receive your newsfeed for ease of communication.